Angel Feathers Designs

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Karen's Cape Cod Colors and Homespun Socks

On the way to a time share presentation on the Cape, I decided to bring some fleece that I had purchases from MacAusland's Woolen Mill on Prince Edward Island. I used my spindle and started to make a pair of socks by spinning a little and then knitting in the car. We were there in November 2005, and since that year was extra warm, the weather was more like early October. While exploring the beach I found shells, rocks and seaguls, sparkles on the water and the grey of weathered shingles and driftwood, the green of algae on the seashells which matched the color of the wool roving. We took it as a sign and ended up buying the timeshare. Later I found that I actually had these gemstone strands which also matched the color theme, some of which looked to me like sea glass. The socks are warm and cozy, and I am spinning to make a felted bag from more of the fiber. I hope to sew some shells and stones to it, and to make a closure toggle out of driftwood.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home